We invite you to visit West Portal Elementary. Our school tours are the best way to get a feel for the school and learn important information.
We offer guided tours most Thursday mornings 9am until 10:30am from mid October until the time of the January SFUSD application deadline. Tours are led by our Principal. Parents Club representatives are also present to answer questions.
Please check for available tour dates and reserve a spot - linked here.
Our school tour packet contains useful information about West Portal Elementary for you to review. Additionally, here are some quick facts:
- We are a 2014-2015 California Distinguished School.
- In 2013, our principal was named the San Francisco Mayor's Principal of the Year.
- 596 K-5 students attend our school. Approximately 1/3 of our students are in the Cantonese Language Immersion Program (CIP), while 2/3 are in the General Education Program (GE).
- For Kindergarten, there are 33 CIP spots and 66 GE spots (99 total available seats).
- Our start time is 8:40am.
- We have onsite extended care available before and after school as well as several after school enrichment options.
- Our unified Parents Club includes all parents and guardians of students enrolled in both the Chinese Immersion Program (CIP) and General Education (GE) programs. The Parents Club funds academic supplements, technology, and community events, and more.